It has been quite a while (9+ mos) since I have updated anything - so it is time to share some yummy healthy recipes I found. I am hoping I have more to share soon - for now I hope you enjoy adding something new to your recipe collection :)
Spicy Sausage, White Bean and Spinach Soup
weight watchers points value 4
1 can fat free, less sodium chicken broth
1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained (I used regular diced tomatoes)
1 can no salt added navy beans, drained (I couldn't find "no salt" navy beans, so just used regular and rinsed them well)
2 links fully cooked andouille sausage (such as Aidell's), thinly sliced
3 cups fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
Bring broth and tomatoes to a boil in saucepan over high heat. Add beans and sausage; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, 8 mins or until heated. Stir in spinach; cook 1 min or until spinach wilts. Yields 4 1 and 1/3 c. servings
Garlic-Parmesan Cheese Toasts
weight watchers points value 2
1/4 c grated fresh Parmesan cheese (I used a reduced fat Italian Cheese blend I had on hand)
1 tablespoon light mayo
1 garlic clove, minced
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 slices diagonally cut baguette
Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 400
Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl. Spread cheese mixture evenly over baguette slices. Place bread on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400 for 6 mins or until golden brown. Yield 4 servings
Healthy and Yummy alternative to regular ol Coleslaw...
Crunchy Coleslaw with Green Peas
weight watchers value 1 point
1 package coleslaw mix
1/2 c. frozen peas
yellow pepper
1/2 c. matchstick-cut carrots (near the coleslaw mix in Safeway, although I omitted this)
1/4 c. finely chopped onion
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 and 1/2 teaspoons canola oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately. Yields 8 2/3 c. servings)
1 comment:
Congratulations on updating your blog! Thanks for the recipe too. Now you don't have to email them to me:) Love ya and can't wait to see you in 2 weeks!
Joelle
Post a Comment